What Are The Binaural Beats Benefits?
Today is the era when everything moves super fast. From high-speed trains to the time we have in our hands, everything seems to slip like elfin crystals of sand. The more the disquietude, the more is the need for activities like mediation that help us through these times. A scientific technique of resting the mind that is gaining its strong foothold in the world is the binaural beats.
Binaural beats produce the same balmy effect on our minds as a meditation practice does. They serve the threesome purpose of anxiety reduction, increasing concentration and focus. The beats create stimulation inside the mind using low frequencies because of which both the hemispheres of the brain concur well to a specific pattern of brainwaves. Let us dive deep into the binaural beats benefits and detailed overview of it.
How Do the Binaural Beats Work?
Let us look behind the binaural beats science. Our brain generates electricity which is also known as brainwaves in order to communicate. There are a number of brainwave types that account for a different state of consciousness of the mind. Now, these brainwaves can be easily manipulated or entrained before they reach the ears. Whenever we listen to any sound; there are always two different frequencies of it reaching out to both our ears. But the brain adds up these frequencies physically which results in an average frequency of both the individual frequencies, beating at a rate which is the difference of both the individual frequencies. Read more: What Are The Solfeggio Frequencies?
A binaural beat generator is available online that can be used as an add-on to popular operating systems. A common binaural beats generator available on the internet consists of two carriers; one carrier for each ear. The principle of the binaural beats applies to the generator. It simply adds up or superimposes two different frequencies into a single frequency that can be heard by us.
A binaural beats study has also revealed that binaural beats carry the same effect as that of meditation. Calming and soothing the mind is not that easy. This technology develops the same states of brainwaves as meditation when we listen to sounds. These waves have different effects on different hormones of the body a study conducted on nineteen people revealed:
- Melatonin: Melatonin levels registered an overall high of 97.77 percent extending the binaural beats benefits to the sleep.
- Cortisol: The increased levels of this hormone lead to stress and irregular menstrual cycles in females. There has been a reduction of not less than 70 percent in the cortisol levels.
- DHEA: This is the hormone responsible for aging and disease resistance. The higher the level of DHEA, the healthier is the person. The study has registered an overall increase of 68 percent in DHEA levels.
Do The Binaural Beats Actually Work?
Let us study the facts regarding binaural beats benefits and binaural beats effects on the human mind:
- It works similar to meditation.
- It is a therapy of self-help and is available online to download and purchase.
- There are a variety of binaural beats found.
- It should be used only when there are no ambient distractions.
Whenever the binaural beats are played, the systems within the brain are activated which can be easily read with the help of an electroencephalogram. There are mainly four patterns of binaural beats sleep frequency:
- Delta Patterns: This pattern is related to a dreamless sleep. The frequencies are set between 0.1 and 4 Hz.
- Theta Patterns: They are set in the range of 4 Hz to 8 Hz. This phase of sleep is related to REM (Rapid Eye Movement)
- Alpha Patterns: This phase associated with the relaxation phase set within a frequency of 8 Hz and 13 Hz.
- Beta Patterns: This is set within the highest frequency range between 14 Hz to 100 Hz. They are associated with concentration. But at higher levels of binaural sounds, they may also lead to an increase in anxiety.
The scientific description above carefully answers the question; do binaural beats actually work?
Benefits of The Binaural Beats:
Let’s look into some of the benefits of the binaural beats.
- Stress Reduction
- Increase in motivation
- Anxiety Reduction
- Increase in focus
- Increase in concentration
- Ability to meditate deeply
- Increase in confidence
- Improvement of mood and psychomotor performance
How to Download and Use Binaural Beats?
The binaural beats download can be done by visiting the sites that offer customized packs for individuals based on their needs. There are a lot of categories of packs available such as meditation packs, wind chime meditation packs, chakra healing packs, earth vibration, spiritual awakening, and kundalini awakening, and so on. You can select the pack of your choice and pay for it. These packs offer a number of audio tracks with the description of their lengths.
The binaural beats benefits are manifold and so let us look at the ways of using binaural beat:
- The task demands a person’s full attention and some fifteen minutes of quietness and calmness around him.
- The place should be free from any noise pollution.
- A person requires a lot of patience to complete the task.
- Stereo headphones are needed because the beats reach both the ears in two different frequencies.
Safety of Usage of Binaural Beats:
The biggest question that poses before people using binaural beats is are binaural beats safe to use?
Binaural Beats are generally safe for everyone, except for the ones who are already having some health risks. The biggest risk is posed to people who suffer from seizures; in that case use of binaural beats is not recommended.