Do you have a blackhead that just refuses to pop out? You have tried everything from scrubbing to pore strip to no avail. Chances are it’s not blackheads in the first place. It could be sebaceous filament. They look like blackheads and generally appear around the nose and chin. They are a part of your skin cells and if you want to know how to get rid of sebaceous filaments read on to find the perfect solution.
What Are Sebaceous Filaments?
Sebaceous filaments are clogged pores but not fully concealed like blackheads. However, they are more complex than blackheads. You can quickly get rid of blackheads, but these filaments are difficult to get rid of, and if forced, it may result in damaged skin cells or scars. To prevent then from concealing your pores its essential to exfoliate your skin twice a week or use a mild exfoliating face wash every day. Read: Benefits of Green Tea for Skin
How To Get Rid Of Sebaceous Filaments?
- It is essential to eliminate excess oil and dirt from your skin that may conceal your pores to stop sebaceous filaments from appearing. You may even use a mild exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells effectively. Ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, AHA or retinoids work best and eliminate most of your skin problems like acne, open pores, scars etc.
- Steam up your face for 10-15 minutes this will help loosen up the pores. Use rice, sugar or gel-based scrub to gently exfoliate your skin by applying it in a circular motion for 4-5 minutes. Wash your face with ice-cold or normal water and apply your favourite moisturiser. Repeat this twice a week for best results.
- You may opt for an advanced medical facial using the glycolic or salicylic peel. It helps remove dead skin cells and control excess oil production, thereby reducing sebaceous filaments.
- Microdermabrasion is an excellent way to smooth out the skin and get rid of sebaceous filaments that have been haunting you for weeks. While visiting a dermatologist for microdermabrasion is excellent. You may also choose to buy micro derm kit and get the same results as professionals at the comfort of your place.
- Oral medicines such as isotretinoin can be very effective in reducing the size of sebaceous glands and thereby filaments. However, it could have serious side effects and should be taken under doctor supervision.
- If you suffer from a severe case of sebaceous filaments its best to consult a dermatologist for effective treatment as it may cause irreparable damage.